Thursday, October 14, 2010

Behind the Scenes: Team OSilas

For every exhibition we will have behind the scenes stories told by our "Team OSilas". These are the people you will see behind the desk in the gallery.  Be sure to say hello to them when you come to visit!




The exhibit in the Osilas Gallery is the Nicholas Brothers “A Dialogue in Art and Life” which is in until October 24th. Spencer and Hobart, the brothers were local artists who grew up in Bronxville. The brothers are impressionist’s painters but their styles are very different.  Spencer uses more vibrant colors; my favorite is Gwells Farms where he uses yellows and reds to accentuate his personal view of the farm. Hobart painted what he saw and uses many blues to help show his view. One of his paintings Kentish Hills is this large, realistic piece of work that is incredible to look into. What I like most about this exhibit is how the brothers, in their different styles, were able to capture these different landscapes and other paintings in such a magnificent way. ~ Lea





At first I was a bit worried when I began working in the gallery; I did not know that much about art.  I was relived of my concern the first time I was asked a question by a visitor and quite surprised by my knowledge.  I really enjoyed this exhibit for many reasons.  It was nice to have an exhibit that was literally so close to home.  Actually seeing the work of two brothers who grew up in this area was great.  One couple came in to visit and they were very interested in one specific painting because their daughter currently lives on the street depicted in the painting.  I look forward to meeting new and interesting people and also seeing more exhibits. ~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment