Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Team OSilas - Intern Chris!

My time spent in the OSilas Gallery has been amazing. I can not believe its taken me five years to be a part of this excellent team. Every experience here has been a great one, but my favorite part of this exhibit is one that I played the biggest role in, the window gallery. The strategic pulling apart of an endangered tree (Atlantic White Cedar) and placing them in cups to hang from the window was the game, and we, as a team, performed beautifully.  The only problem we found was that the plants were almost too healthy. The roots themselves were so full of life, and intertwined with each other, it was a finger workout pulling these plants apart. Separating plants without killing them was one difficult task but it was well worth the time and effort with the end product we got. My personal favorite part about the saplings is that I significantly helped put it all together. Coming in every day and seeing that the water level in the cups has dropped significantly makes me happy to see that our little baby saplings are going to be big strong trees one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment